I have never been a huge coffee drinker, so when I stumbled upon Namastea – a new tea company from Ontario, Canada whose goal is to teach others the amazing benefits of tea and the positive impact it can have on one’s lifestyle, I knew I had to reach out. I love supporting local businesses whenever possible, especially smaller start-ups! Namastea was kind enough to send me a few packs to try – Calorie Free Donut, Sencha Berry Fig, and Where Did All This Weight Come From?
Anything that smells like an apple fritter is pretty much golden in my book. I was so pleasantly surprised when I opened this pack of tea, the aroma was so heavenly and made me want to pour myself a cup right then and there. The Calorie Free Donut tea is made up of apples, almonds, cinnamon, and beetroot and tastes exactly as the name implies. The thing I love about Namastea is that they aren’t just looking to make unique tea flavors. All of the ingredients used are strategically selected to benefit the drinker. Here’s an outline of the benefits:
- Almonds – Lower cholesterol, protect artery walls from damage, provide healthy fats and aid in weight loss
- Cinnamon – The yummy spice is designated to heal sore throats and arthritis. Also used to treat the common cold, diarrhea, loss of appetite and diabetes.
- Beetroot – Linked with better stamina and improves blood flow to the brain.
Though I thoroughly enjoyed all of the teas I tried, I think Sencha Berry Fig was my favourite, which was a bit surprising to me because I’m not normally a huge fan of teas that taste fruity. This tea was an absolute exception – enough so to be labelled as my favourite from the bunch! The amazing thing about this tea is that it tastes as good as it smells, and trust me, it smells AMAZING. This tea is a green tea made up of hibiscus, freeze-dried, whole blackberries and raspberry pieces, freeze-dried strawberry, fig pieces, and peony petals. The benefits of this tea include:
- Green Tea – Loaded with bioactive compounds that can have beneficial effects on your body. Improves brain function, physical performance, kills bacteria and lowers your risk of cancer all in one. Incorporate in your daily life to see a difference in weight loss and mood!
- Hibiscus – An excellent anti-oxidant that increases risk of heart disease, strokes, and lowers BP levels in the body. Reverses premature aging, and reduces obesity.
- Peony Petals – A beautiful floral mix used for gout, fever and coughs. Women use peony for Pre-Menstrual Syndrome and menstrual cramps.
Where Did All This Weight Come From? is a detoxing tea that helps refresh and restore the body. For best results, it’s advised that you drink this tea consistently once or twice a day, and at the end of the day for best results. I’ve tried a couple detox teas over the years and none of them tasted as good as this one did. Some other detox teas taste like you’re drinking something made to flush your system, but this one is actually enjoyable to drink, and knowing you’re benefiting your body while doing so is an added bonus! For full benefits, it’s suggested that you drink this tea on top of exercising and eating well – this tea would make an excellent addition to your daily routine! The ingredients in this tea include: lemon verbana, gingko, stinging nettles, peppermint, green sencha tea, licorice, cinnamon, rosemary and ginger, and the benefits include:
- Green Sencha Tea – Known as being a hundred more times powerful than Vitamin C, this fat-burning blend is also known for reducing overall cholesterol. Perfect for meditation and relieving anxiety as well
- Stinging Nettles – An organic plant used as a laxative in ancient practices. Decreases inflammation and risk of diabetes.
- Gingko – Seems to improve blood circulation and kill bacteria and fungi in the body. Releases toxins lingering in the body.
- Ginger – Helps improve the immune system and colon cleansing. Increases metabolism and stimulates excretions of toxins in the body.
Let’s just say I think I’ve found my go-to tea company. After testing these three, I HAD to try more, so I placed an order for the Vintage Red Wine and Sweet Dreams tea. I also might’ve purchased this adorable infuser – seriously though, how cute is it?! The good news is, Namastea offers worldwide shipping! The bad news? I might’ve just started your next tea addiction. Be sure to follow Namastea on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter! Enjoy! 😉